09 October 2016

MAME 0.178 - Not Much To Report

I have played around with MAME 0.178 for some time, and there is not much I can report for this release:
  • The METAL shader of BGFX still seems to be broken on my machine under El Capitan. I am wondering whether anybody at the MAME team is aware of this fact.
  • BGFX still runs much faster if you deactivate Artwork (-nobezel option on the command line) - I am still wondering whether this means that these games also perform so much worse when you throttle them to real time. Or it just doesn't matter - I never reached a value below 100% when activating bezels.
  • In my performance testing, I experience significant performance losses in this release of some 20% with some of my games I use for testing (including R-Type, 1942, Gyruss - but notably not Elevator Action).
  • New working games are shown here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHWFphs99Mc

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments are welcome!